CAG! 101 – Kids v. Adults with Gregg Schigiel and Connor
Comics Are Great! returns with a battle between kid and adult authors!
We grown-up cartoonists think we know what kids are and aren’t picking up on in our work. After all, we were kids once! But memory can be fickle testimony, so in the next Comics Are Great! I’ll be joined by 12-year-old cartoonist Connor to talk about what he perceives to be the anatomy of a good story for kids.
If you haven’t seen Gregg and Connor in action, they led some events at the 2014 Kids Read Comics festival in Ann Arbor, MI. You can see their banter during the Kids Comics Award show held that weekend here.
Links mentioned in this episode (thanks to Eric Klooster for collecting the links!):
- Stuff Said Show
- Detroit Fanfare
- Kids Read Comics Convention
- Road Food
- Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Back To The Future
- Johnny Carson
- Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader
- Our Gang (The Little Rascals)
- Norman Bates
- Weird Al
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- When I Was Your Age Lyrics
Comics and Book Recommendations:
- This One Summer
- Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy
- The Warren Commission Report: A Graphic Investigation into the Kennedy Assassination
Audio hosting provided by Ka-Blam Digital Printing. This episode was recorded live at the Ann Arbor District Library.Jerzy on Google+
Find us on Google+
Support the show and get a PDF comic!
Subscribe through iTunes