Comics Are Great! 11 – Continuity vs Iteration
It’s the return to the roundtable discussion as we try to weigh the pros and cons between canonical storytelling and story franchises that undergo multiple reboots and iterations! What are the perils of working in a strict continuity? Does rebooting your story run risk of alienating readers? When does pleasing your readers cross the line into “fan service”?
These are tough questions, and I’m glad I had help on this one from:
Links mentioned this episode:
- Twin Spica
- The Red Shirt Guy at Blizzcon 2010 (video)
- Wormworld Saga
- Missile Mouse
- Green Monk
- Winters in Lavelle (if you purchase the print edition, you’ll get access to audio commentary tracks by Kasey and me!)
- The Illustrated Section, featuring a ton of great comics for the iPad
- Kids Read Comics is now accepting applications to table at our 2011 event!
- Jerzy’s new mini-comic Boulder and Fleet: Adventurers for Hire