Comics Are Great! 27 – Sailing the Seas of CMS
It’s hard enough to make a comic, but now we have to learn all of these new digital publishing models, too? Thank goodness I’m joined this week by Rob Stenzinger, a cartoonist and user interface designer, who helps me navigate through a discussion on the various content management systems available and the kinds of thinking required to make a successful start of things.
We’re joined toward the end by Eli Neiburger, who shares some additional thoughts on the subject, as well as some more great book recommendations!
Links mentioned in this episode (thanks to Eric Klooster for collecting them!):
- Lean Into Art’s 30 Classes in 30 Days event (early bird registration ends soon!)
- The Lean Into Art podcast
- Rob will be presenting his Storytelling to Make Your Comic’s UI Awesome workshop at Intervention September 16-18
- The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
- Balki and Larry
- Beast Wars
- Definition of the term “Wheelhouse”
- Google Plus
- Comic Life
- Picasa Web
- Webcomics Nation
- What is RSS?
- 5 by 5 podcast network
- Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
- Gallery of the new animated GIF
- It’s a Trap!
Book recommendations for this episode:
Here’s the video from this episode’s live stream (audio player at the bottom of this post):
Tune in next Wednesday live at 12:30 pm Eastern Time on Comicsaregreat.tv!