Comics Are Great! 41 – Digital Painting
After a failed attempt at some digital painting, I enlisted the help of Brandon Dayton, celebrated cartoonist behind Green Monk and concept designer for EA Games, for a discussion and demonstration on how to paint with pixels. Lots of great material in the video this time as Brandon shares some terrific tips and tricks!
We’re later joined by Eli Neiburger of the Ann Arbor District Library for a discussion on micropayment systems like BitCoin, Flattr, and YouTipIt, followed by another round of great comics recommendations!
Links mentioned in this episode (thanks to Eric Klooster for collecting them!):
- Brandon’s portfolio
- Risk Factions (and on Facebook)
- Photoshop Clipping Masks
- Steve Gibson’s explanation of BitCoin
- The IMF
- BitCoin Evolution
- Star Trek Replicators
- The nemu*nemu Kickstarter campaign
- Jerzy’s FTAM! Designing Sound Elements in Adobe Illustrator workshop
Book recommendations this week:
- Nobody Particular: One Woman’s Fight to Save the Bays
- Stuck in the Middle: 17 Comics from an Unpleasant Age
- Missed Connection Comics
Here’s the video from this episode’s live stream (audio player at the bottom of this post):
Tune in next Wednesday live at 12:30 pm Eastern Time on Comicsaregreat.tv!