Comics Are Great! 42 – My Life in France
As we close out the 2011 season of shows, I’m thrilled to have Dave Roman and Raina Telgemeier on to talk about their recent experience at the Quai des Bulles Saint Malo Comics Festival. While watching some video and slideshows from their trip, Raina shares her reflections on how tabling at a French comics festival differs from ones in the United States, and Dave shares his observations about how the festival felt different for the person walking the aisles.
We close with an appearance by Sharon Iverson of the Ann Arbor District Library, who shares some more great book recommendations!
Links mentioned in this episode (thanks to Eric Klooster for collecting them!):
- Delilah Dirk, by Tony Cliff (who appeared on Comics Are Great! 39)
- Scott McCloud and his famous presentations
- The Smurfs
- the Small Press Expo
- The Elsewhere Chronicles
- Nicolas Bannister
- Hôtel Étrange
- Tove Jansson
- Winters in Lavelle
- Beyond the Canopy
- Picket Line
- Sing Along with Mitch Miller
- Path, the latest social network we all have to deal with
- Dave and Raina’s video from Saint-Malo
- Dave and Raina’s photos from Saint-Malo
- Dave’s Christmas Mixes
- Give Teen Boat a shout-out on Goodreads!
This week’s book recommendations:
Here’s the video from this episode’s live stream (audio player at the bottom of this post):
We’ll be back in January with more live episodes at Comicsaregreat.tv!