KCR! 09 – Kickstarting Your Graphic Novel
Kickstarter! Crowdfunding! Alexis Fajardo, and more!
The internet has opened the doors wide, to both published and unpublished authors. And crowdfunding services like Kickstarter have made things even more exciting.
But is it really as simple as posting a video and reward tiers to Kickstart a project? What unforeseen challenges come with these new platforms?
We’re joined by Alexis Fajardo, author of the recently funded Kid Beowulf graphic novel series. Lex shares his experiences in running a Kickstarter campaign as well as the research he did leading up to the campaign’s launch.
- The Sullivan’s Sluggers Kickstarter campaign
- The Aw Yeah Comics! Kickstarter campaign
- Jake Parker’s Antler Boy and Other Stories Kickstarter campaign (also check out his DRAWINGS campaign!)
- Kicktraq – Kickstarter stats tracker
- Funding the Dream Podcast
Audio hosting and production provided by the Ann Arbor District Library.